Thursday, November 18, 2010

Delicious Smoothie Recipe

So, I'm feeling super hyper (after my delicious mixed-berry smoothie breakfast).


Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups of Dannon Light 'n Fit Fat-Free Vanilla Yogurt (170 Calories)
4.2 oz of fresh strawberries (38 calories)
1.1 oz of fresh blueberries (18 calories)
1.3 oz of fresh raspberries (19 calories)
1/2 cup of ice


I put the yogurt in the blender first and then add the fruit and then the ice.  I blend until smooth and periodically stop to mix the contents until I'm sure everything is blended (since I use a very small blender).


Total Calories = 245


You may want to add a little of your preferred sweetener to the mix before blending.  It's a very tart mixture as is, but that's the way I like it.  I looooove my blender...I just pop it right off the base, put on the lid (which has a tab you can pull back so you can drink out of it easily), and I just use my blender as the serving cup.  This smoothie is so filling and delicious.  I needed something really filling for breakfast since I'm going to have a light lunch because I'm sure I'll be going out to dinner tonight with my best friend and her fiancĂ©.  I'm about to get ready to head to Charlotte because I'M GOING TO SEE HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1 at midnight.  I.cannot.wait.  I'm a die-hard HP fan through and through.  

My best friend's house is over an hour away, and I can't wait to see her.  This will be my first time seeing her as a newly engaged woman!  Which reminds me...as always, I'm running late! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment